Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Creative.

I had to finish these sentences for class yesterday:

Creativity is...
I learn best...
I want to change...

Other than the middle question, the other 2 had me stumped for a while. I know they were just suppose to be simple little questions that show a little about yourself... but... i took them them a lot more seriously than that. I mean, what IS creativity? can it even be defined? then again, can ANYTHING be defined?... "Creativity", i think, is a word that i could continue to define for the rest of my life.

Creativity is being able to see/interpret things for/as more than their literal definition and the way in which they first appear... it's being able to think independently and be YOU (not what "they" want you to be)... it's being able to create (both ideas and literally tangible things).. it's being able to think critically and really submerge yourself into the things that make life... it's being able to imagine... being able to realize that life is more than what meets the eye (in a literal sense).. it's a lot of things...

and as for what i want to change..

i want to change our educational system... and i want to begin to do so by providing our children (students) with some of the opportunities that I feel our society often robs them of, such as the capability of becoming independent thinkers and creating a more personal development of aesthetics and values. I want kids to LIKE learning... and UNDERSTAND why they should... i want learning to seem like a GIFT to them, because it IS. i want it to be more than just standarized tests and A's and B's and C's... and memorization.. and days spent staring at the clock.. i want them to be able to REALLY EXPERIENCE what it's like to learn and expand their minds. I have sooooo much respect for elementary/middle/high school teachers who DO try and do that... and i have respect for those who honesty try their best to attempt it... but those teachers who really don't give a damn are the ones that reallllly push my buttons. i mean, honestly, WHY are you trying to ruin these kids lives? (well, their educational lives)... *sigh*...

<3

2 comments:

Danny said...

Breiters class...lol

you deleted the other post?

crystalgee said...

yeah...

and yeah lol..
my thoughts on it changed...
n i didn't wanna edit it so i just deleted it. idk what to think about it anymore.